Sunday, December 7, 2008

Musings- Wal-Mart

I'm not sure if it's the shady business practices, the poor customer service, or the general uncleanliness that keeps me feeding the beast that is Wal-Mart. Oh, I remember. It's my um... er...frugality.

Here are some pictures from recent outings:



The carts were so far out into the lot, that it was almost impossible to drive through the lane. (And heck yes that is my sweet ride in the background)



A common Sunday afternoon sight. Chicken anyone?

I got to bare-hand a toilet seat down to the customer service desk to make a return today. It was great walking in with that bad boy. The packaging had a handle at the top so I got to carry it in like a plumber's attache case. There were quite a few stares and I saw some smirks from the peanut gallery in the McDonald's area. But, I nabbed $6 of store credit for my return. Dip that in your ketchup Greasy McGee.

The trip was topped off by an extended check out session. I wanted to pay with my new $6 Wal-Mart credit card, then cash, then my debit card. My poor cashier had a very hard time getting the Wal-Mart card to read. It really wasn't her fault. She tried all kinds of stuff. I especially enjoyed watching her wrap a plastic bag over the card and then try to run it through the scanner.

She finally had to call her manager. By this time the lady behind me in line just sat down to rest in the aisle. The mana
ger, who looked young enough to be the cashier's son, came over, put a key in the register, punched two buttons, and gave the cashier a dirty look. I felt bad for being such a nuisance, but a $6 toilet seat return is a $6 toilet seat return, you know?

Some other choice photos from the last excursion to the big W:

No cheapo crackers, No macaroni & cheese, No strawberry pop-tarts




No cookie dough for the Mrs., No green bag chips for lunch




I just thought this was funny. Nice work whoever you are.

Going to Wal-Mart is like gas station coffee, you know it's going to be bad, but it's so cheap you can't help yourself. And, I mean, where else are you going to get fishing lures, garlic bread, an eye exam, Pepto Bismol, and a movie rental, all while getting the oil changed in your car and enjoying a Big Mac?

I know where I'll be next weekend. You?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts-


Are you a good person?
YouVersion