Saturday, August 23, 2008

Song of the Week: "Promise" by Spoken


God speaks to me through music. If that sounds freaky to you, then God probably doesn't speak to you in music. If He does, then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

It has been a VERY difficult week for me with all the typical duties of a husband and father of three plus the added stress of getting ready to start a new school year. This song came on the radio at one of my lowest points this week. I know God is trying to cheer me up and wants me to lay my worries on Him. These lyrics have definitely been speaking to me:

Yet another day seems like it’s wasted
You don’t feel you’re any closer to the prize

A dead end job where there’s no future

Praying that tomorrow things won’t be this way


Things will get better this I promise you

And I know that you won’t feel this way forever

Things will get better this I promise you

And I know loneliness won’t last forever


Yet another day, another tired morning

You’re catching up to your intentions

You’re thinking life has to be easier than this

Maybe tomorrow things won’t be this way


Things will get better this I promise you

and I know it wont feel this way forever

Things will get better this I promise you

and I know we can find a way to make it better

things will get better this I promise you

And I know loneliness won't last forever


I got a chance to go see these guys about two years ago with a good friend of mine. The stage presence and energy these guys have live is astounding. Check them out on PureVolume. "Promise" is the last song on their playlist. They also have the video on their MySpace page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts-


Are you a good person?
YouVersion