I have been listening to Run Kid Run's new album "Love at the Core" more than just about anything lately. I always know when music connects with me because I willingly seek out time to listen to it.
Although the music itself is nothing groundbreaking, it is phenomenally executed. It's just solid rock with pop and punk influences. It's the kind of stuff that gets stuck in your head for days. This band arose from the ashes of another band, Sidewalk Slam, for anyone who cares about such things. I think I like this stuff better. Click the Bull's Eye target at the bottom and let me know which song you like the best.
But it's not the insanely catchy melodies that keep me coming back to this record. It is the simple, yet touching lyrics penned by the band. The title track is especially close to my heart:
"We want love, love at the core
The cold of the flesh always seems to creep inside of my chest
And I need the pulse of you, God
To fill these veins and touch my heart
So I can start living again
We’ve seen the dark of the night
Sun won’t you come shine some light on our lives
We want love, love at the core
So much more then what we’re living for
We want love , we want love
Love at the core
So much more of this
Life that we’re reaching for
We want love to bind us tonight
Leave behind your own disguise
So love can find you and I"
This is such a wonderful description of what Jesus did for us. It is incomprehensible to imagine the sacrifice. Romans 5:8 says "but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us". Amazing. To pay for all of our filth, lies, hate, idolatry, lust, and jealousy, it would take nothing less than "Love at the Core."
Check out the rest of the lyrics for "Love at the Core" and listen to the song on my MySpace page.



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Leave your thoughts-